S3 Authentication Suite
The Nok Nok S3 Authentication Suite enables FIDO-certified multi-factor authentication (FIDO UAF, FIDO U2F, WebAuthn and FIDO2) for mobile and web-based applications. Instead of the unpleasant task of entering user names and passwords, users can exploit the latest biometric authentication technology that already exists in their devices.
The S3 Authentication Suite is a simple, robust and scalable solution that reduces support, operating and development costs for integrating multi-factor authentication functions in mobile and web applications. In addition, the S3 Suite supports key operating system platforms like Android and iOS. In addition, the FIDO approach is based on standards, which makes the solution viable for the future.
The Nok Nok ™ Authentication Server – in conjunction with the Nok Nok app SDK – offers robust multi-factor authentication by utilizing the existing security functions of a user’s device (e.g., a fingerprint sensor) instead of a password. The server supports upcoming industrial standards of the FIDO Alliance and offers companies a uniform interface for strong authentication. Main features of the authentication server:
- Account recovery
- Monitoring functions
- Federation support, e.g., IBM SAM, PingFederate, ForgeRock
- Supports FIDO UAF, FIDO U2F, web authentication and FIDO2 protocol
- Implementation is based on industry conformity standards, e.g., SOX, PSD2, HIPAA, etc.
- Multi-tenancy support
- Out-of-band authentication support
- Guideline-based authentication
- Reporting functions
- REST-API for easy integration into user-defined web applications
- Web-based administrative user interface
The Nok Nok App SDK is a comprehensive set of libraries and APIs that software developers employ to use and activate FIDO-based multi-factor authentication in mobile applications. This enables easy yet secure authentication for users. Key features are:
- Fingerprint-based authentication
- Face-based authentication
- PIN-based authentication
- Language-based authentication
- Device jailbreak detection
- Secure element
- Secure enclave (iOS)
- Trusted execution environment (Android)
- Risk-based authentication – locating, device speed
Passport from Nok Nok is an authentication app which supports the FIDO Universal Authentication Framework (UAF) protocol. In addition, it supports out-of-band authentication to enable authentication at select websites on a laptop or desktop computer.
The Nok Nok Gateway product simplifies FIDO activation of mobile apps and integration into the Nok Nok authentication server. Key benefits of this product are: Single API call of the mobile app – to initiate registration, authentication and log-off; easy activation and handling of network communications and session management with the Nok Nok authentication server.